Stock Prices

Tuesday, 15 September 2015

How to surrender or cancel Pan Number

How to surrender or cancel Pan Number

Case -1

I have been allotted more than one PAN, what is the procedure for cancellation/ surrender of other PAN(s)?

You may choose any one of the following options to surrender additional PAN/s:-
a. Visit Income Tax Department’s website link and submit the required details.
b. Alternatively, you may fill and submit PAN Change Request application form by mentioning the PAN which you are using currently on top of the form. All other PAN/s inadvertently allotted to you should be mentioned at item no. 11 of the form and the corresponding PAN card copy/s should be submitted for cancellation along with the form.

Case - 2

What is the procedure to cancel/surrender PAN which is being currently used?

If you wish to cancel/ surrender your PAN (which you are currently using), then you need to visit your local Income Tax Assessing Officer with a request letter to cancel/ surrender your PAN.


Jitendra Suthar

No comments:

Post a Comment